Social Science and Law:
- International Review of Law, Computers & Technology.
- International Journal of Law and Information Technology.
- Journal of Information Policy.
- Computer Law & Security Review.
- Science & Engineering Ethics.
- Journal of Information, Communication & Ethics in Society.
- Surveillance and Society.
- Information Polity.
- Governance and Regulation.
- New Media and Society.
- Policy and Internet.
- Philosophy and Technology.
- Cambridge University Press (Books)
- Routledge (Books)
- European Journal of Law and Technology
- International Data Privacy Law
- Journal of Cybersecurity;
- ACM Computer Supported Collaborative Work (CSCW);
- ACM Ubicomp;
- ACM CHI;
- ACM CHI Play;
- Personal & Ubiquitous Computing;
- International Semantic Web Conference;
- IEEE The Web Conference;
- International Journal of Human Computer Studies;
- Computers and Security.
- Interacting With Computers
- Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction.
- Economic and Social Research Council.
- Medical Research Council.
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council.
- Swiss National Science Foundation
Boards and Memberships
- Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction Doctoral School (PC mentor and reviewer)
- Edinburgh Futures Institute Research Affiliate
- Core Member of Emotional AI Lab
- Member of AI and Data Ethics Advisory Board, UoE.
- Co Founder of Scottish Law and Innovation Network
- CC DRIVER (H2020 Project): Board of Stakeholder Advisors
- SPRITE+: Expert Fellow
- Centre for Data, Culture and Society: Core member from ’19
- Centre for Security Research (CeSeR): Member from ’20
- CLaw: International Workshop on Legal & Technical Issues in Cloud & Pervasive Computing (Programme Committee).
- Halfway to the Future Conference 2019 (Scientific Board Member)
- Recoding Black Mirror (RBM) at ISWC ‘17; RBM, The Web Conference ‘18; RBM, CPDP ’18; CLaw ‘18 (Programme Committee and Peer reviewer.
- Society for Computers & Law (SCL): 2009 to Present (including being University Ambassador for University of Edinburgh from ’18)
- Edinburgh AI and Data Ethics Board (’21-Present)
- Edinburgh School of Law SCRIPT Centre (‘18-Present);
- Edinburgh School of Informatics Cyber Security and Privacy Network (‘18-Present);
- European Society of Criminology (ESC): 2018 to Present
- Centre for Research in Information, Surveillance and Privacy (CRISP): 2018 to Present
- Edinburgh Empirical Legal Research Network: 2018 – Present
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) incl. Special Interest Groups (SIG) – Computers & Society; Computer Human Interaction: 2015 to present.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) incl. Society on Social Implications of Computing: 2015 to 2018.
- Scottish Institute for Policing Research (including Evidence and Investigation Network): 2018 to Present
- ESC Working Group on Cybercrime: 2018 to Present
- Surveillance Studies Network (SSN): 2013 to Present (including being PhD Student Mentor from ’19)
- Socio Legal Studies Association (SLSA): 2013 to Present
- Asian Privacy Scholars Network (ASPN): 2014 to Present
- Digital Catapult – Personal Data and Trust Network Member: 2015 to present
- Scottish Society for Computers and Law (SSCL): 2009 to Present